The Korean peninsula, roughly 1,030km long and 175km wide at its narrowest point, is located in Northeast Asia. With Seoul as its capital city, Korea’s total land area is 100,033km2.
It is bordered by China to the northwest and Russia to the northeast. It lies adjacent to Japan to the east across the East Sea.
Korea is a global innovation leader in a broad range of fields, demonstrating outstanding performances especially in R&D, value-added manufacturing and high-tech density.
Bank & ATM
||165, Convensia-daero, Yeonsu-gu, Incheon (Posco Tower 2F)
||3 minutes on foot
||194, Central-ro, Yeonsu-gu, Incheon
||4 minutes on foot
||107, Haedoji-ro, Yeonsu-gu, Incheon
||10 minutes on foot
- Banks: 9AM – 4PM (weekdays only)
- Post Offices: 9AM – 6PM (weekdays only)
- Department Stores: 10:30AM – 8PM
- Restaurants & Retail Stores: 11AM – 9PM (some open until 2 or 3AM)
- Major Convenience Stores (GS25, CU, Seven Eleven, etc.): Mostly 24-hour operations
- Currency: Won (₩)
- Exchanged at the rate of approx. 1,200 Won to US Dollar (as of December 2019)
- For the latest exchange rate, please visit Currency Converter – www.xe.com
|Equiv. to $50
||Equiv. to $10
||Equiv. to $5
||Equiv. to $1
|500 won(obaek won)
||100 won(baek won)
||50 won(osip won)
||10 won(sip won)
- Major international credit cards such as Visa and Master Card are commonly acceptable at most hotels, department stores, restaurants and shops.
- Restaurants and shops generally display signs indicating the types of cards they accept.
Tipping & VAT
- Tipping is not customary in Korea.
- Generally, 10% VAT is included in the price of the product.
- A 10% service charge is added to your bill at all tourist hotels. Tips are not expected.
- It is not necessary to tip a taxi driver unless s/he assists you with luggage or provides extra service.
- Tax refunds for non-residents and foreigners, click here: https://www.airport.kr/ap_lp/en/dep/process/vacref/vacref.do
Mobile Phone (Roaming)
- Voltage: 220V
- The outlet has 2 round holes which is also used in France, Germany, Austria, Greece, Turkey and many other countries.
- The average temperature in September is approximately 17.5-25.5℃.
- A wide range of temperature difference is commonly observed during this season.
- For detailed information, please visit the official website of Korea Meteorological Administration. (http://web.kma.go.kr/eng/index.jsp)
- Clothing: Wearing a warm jacket or cardigan is highly recommended at night.
Emergency & Useful Numbers in Korea
- Police: 112
- Fire and Ambulance: 119
- Michuhol Call Center (Call center providing information about Incheon): 120
- BBB Korea (In case you need translation): 1588-5644
- Tourist Information: 1330